Brazilian hardwood is unique in the world. The forests of Brazil are home to a broad and exclusive array of species that deliver the hardest and most breathtaking wood products. This course discusses the benefits of using Brazilian hardwood, including the durability, the aesthetic appeal, the selection, and the rigorous sustainability processes followed by manufacturers in this region of the world.
- Describe the size of Brazilian rainforests and list several reasons (hypotheses) for its biodiversity.
- Name the governing body in Brazil for forestry regulations and three international certifications that Brazilian hardwood products have.
- Identify eight hardwood species unique to Brazil.
- Describe the hardness, density and strength ratings of Brazilian hardwood compared to North America (domestic) species.
- Define four unique aesthetic characteristics of Brazilian hardwood.