Laser Scanning at Balfour Beatty Construction Carolinas - What is the 3D Point Cloud doing for us?
Thursday, July 21, 2016 - 2:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. Eastern
Reserve an hour on Thursday, July 21, and join us for this informative webinar that will show you how laser scanning data will save you time, energy and money from the planning through the completion stages of your building construction project. The webinar will include:
- Overview of capturing as-built information on existing projects to assist in constructability reviews and coordination efforts
- Utilizing scan data for logistics planning including identifying heights of surrounding buildings to confirm tower crane heights and comparing the building layout to existing structures
- Analyzing concrete slabs and existing walls to identify low and high spots and structural deficiencies allowing design decisions to be made
- Working with architects and engineers during the pre-design phase providing existing 3D models from scan data so an accurate design can be created with correct dimensions
- Verifying installation of building systems during construction vs. the 3D coordination model to confirm quality control and maintain an accurate as-built model through the duration of the project